What To Expect On The Listing Appointment


When a potential seller makes an appointment to meet with me about selling their home I am typically asked "how long will this take?" and "are you going to take pictures?"

There are two ways a listing can happen. The 1 step approach or 2 step.

On the 1 step listing, I like to take a tour of Your Home. Then we sit down and discuss how I market a home, my experience, we go over comparable sales and discuss price, discuss your motivations and time lines, and then I answer any questions you may have. At that point if you decide to list your house with me I fill out the listing agreement while you fill out the disclosures. Then I take photos. I take photos of every room and multiple photos of the exterior. I also tour Your Home again measuring rooms and taking notes.

A 2 step approach involves all the above except for the paperwork, photos, and measurements. It may not include a discussion of pricing either if a) I didn't have enough lead time to work on pricing in advance and b) your house is so unique that I need to go back and pull different comparable sales.

Both approaches work for me. Often times a seller wants to interview multiple agents then make a decision. Sometimes sellers want to discuss if they are still going to sell- especially after hearing an honest value for their house.

You should schedule anywhere from 1-3 hours for the appointment. If you plan on listing at that appointment the house needs to be clean and de-cluttered for photos. Your old mortgage report (survey) can come in handy along with dates of any improvements such as new roof, well, furnace, etc. Copies of your utility bills, copies of any warranties that would transfer with the house and your current mortgage information (name of lender, contact number and loan number(s)).

If you are thinking about selling your home please contact me,
Bob DeVore
Coldwell Banker Professionals
Cell: (810) 965-4566

Comments

Popular Posts